Ayurvedic Massage and Bodywork
Dakini Ayurveda massage and bodywork services are touch therapies that center on restoring the memory of pure consciousness in every cell of your body in order to establish both physical balance and bliss – rejuvenation. Quite simply, our Ayurvedic treatments are likely different from anything you’ve ever experienced before. While typical body therapies focus on muscle tension or skin care, our Ayurvedic services combine physical, mental and emotional relaxation and care techniques to create both short-term and long-term benefits. Every Dakini Ayurveda remedy is tailored to meet the unique needs of the individual client and can utilize many different elements, from herbs and oils to Ayurvedic massage, all with the goal of putting your entire being back into balance. Dakini Ayurveda sessions are effective tools for managing stress and illness, and help to cultivate:
- Profound relaxation
- Enhanced sleep quality
- Greater energy
- Decreased anxiety
- Reduced fatigue
- Improved concentration
- Healthy circulation
The following Dakini Ayurveda massage & bodywork services address and help alleviate many common health issues:
- Abhyanga (60 & 90 minutes) ~ Ayurvedic massage incorporates the use of choreographed movements to calm your body and mind, reduce stress, and nourish your deep tissues. As Ayurveda views each person as unique, the herbalized oils used and the nature of the massage techniques applied are adapted to your specific needs.
- Shirodhara (60 minutes) ~ Third eye oil stream therapy is one of the most profoundly relaxing practices in Ayurveda. During this therapy a stream of warm, herbalized oil is poured onto the third eye and flows over your forehead and scalp, taking you to a deeply meditative state. Shirodhara relaxes and rejuvenates the mind, and can be highly beneficial for symptoms such as insomnia, headaches, anxiety, mental exhaustion, stress, nervous system imbalances, and more.
- Swedana (30 mins) ~ This Dakini Ayurveda therapy is an herbalized steam bath, applying herbs that are specific to your needs. Swedana is often used following a warm oil massage and helps to revitalize, purify and clear the system.
- Bliss Therapy (2.5 hours) ~ It’s all in the name! This Dakini Ayurveda package of abhyanga (massage), shirodhara (oil stream therapy) & swedana (herbalized steam therapy) will certainly take you to a state of bliss. During this treatment, you will first be treated to an herbalized oil massage, followed by a pacifying shirodhara that takes you to an even deeper level of relaxation. The swedana is the perfect final treatment to revitalize, purify and clear your body and mind.
- Nasya (60 minutes) ~ This therapy is a head, neck and shoulder massage followed by a nasal therapy. Using heat gently applied to open your sinuses, medicated oil is then applied internally to the nasal passages in order to clear the sinuses, rejuvenate the mind and balance the flow of prana.
- Netra Basti (50 mins) ~ A Dakini Ayurveda treatment using medicated ghee in a dough dam over your eyes to clear, rejuvenate and strengthen them. In a time of excessive use of computers, TV, etc. and other factors that strain the eyes, this therapy is incredibly relaxing and nourishing. Netra basti is particularly beneficial for those suffering from eyestrain, headaches with pain behind the eyes, glaucoma and other eye conditions.
- Kati Basti (60 mins) ~ A lower back/sacrum therapy that employs the use of medicated oils placed in a dough dam over your lower back/sacral region. Kati basti is very beneficial for back pain, sciatica, and general stress relief.
- Adrenal Basti (60 mins) ~ An adrenal dough dam therapy incorporating the use of medicated oil over your adrenal glands and kidneys. It strengthens your adrenals and kidneys, and is used for problems such as fatigue, “burnout,” or other symptoms caused by stress and over-activity.
- Hrd Basti (60 mins) ~ Warm medicated oils or milk are placed in a dough dam over your heart and heart chakra, strengthening the physical and emotional center of your body and releasing blocked emotions.
- Chakra Bastis (60 mins) ~ Site-specific dough dam and warm herbalized oil therapies are placed on either your 2nd chakra (lower abdomen/reproductive system) or 3rd chakra (navel). These therapies are highly supportive of the endocrine system, and help to clear blockages in the subtle body, and specific imbalances related to that chakra.
Ready to rejuvenate your mind and body? CLICK HERE for pricing and online scheduling for a massage and bodywork remedy!